A Healthy Comfortable Home Office In Missouri
Preparing your home for the hot summer months in Missouri
If you work from home -- and who doesn’t these days? – you understandably want to be as comfortable as possible. In fact, it’s estimated that 30 percent of the workforce in this country will be working from home several days a week by the end of this year.
But as we head into summer, you may be getting more and more uncomfortable as the temps climb higher and you’re forced to use your home office (or a makeshift substitute) more often. You want to be comfortable and cool, yet you don’t want to spend a fortune on energy bills. What can you do? Well, from making the most of your natural lighting and ventilation to adding sufficient insulation in your attic and walls, you can create a healthy, comfortable, productive home office.
Here’s what sufficient insulation can do for you:
It Helps You Stay Comfortable and Save Energy
It’s not fun to work from home if you’re sweating at your computer. With a properly-insulated space, you can stay cool when it’s hot outside, plus save on your monthly energy costs. In a time when every penny counts, this is an invaluable savings.
It Can Control Noise
How can you concentrate on your Zoom call if you can hear the dog barking, the kids shouting at each other, or the garbage truck by the curb? Proper insulation can control and limit sound so you can concentrate on the task at hand and not worry about anyone hearing your TV in the next room.
It Creates a Healthy Home Environment
With indoor pollutants being up to five times higher than outdoor levels, there’s a need to control those pollutants indoors. You can achieve that with the right insulation. Pollutants in your home come from a variety of sources, such as appliances, furnishings, building materials and cleaning chemicals, and they’re harmful to your health. But on top of that, studies show that poor indoor air quality can interfere with productivity levels in workers and lower grades in students.
The Solution: Better Insulation
Better insulation in your home is where it all starts if you want to have a healthy, comfortable workspace. You can start off with a home energy audit, which can pinpoint where you are lacking in the home. Home energy assessments can check for air leakage, insulation levels, lighting, and appliances. Usually, adding attic insulation in St. Louis MO is the easiest recommendation when it comes to improving home comfort. Air sealing is another solution, which is when you fill voids and cracks where air typically leaks. In the end, these are the best ways to ensure your home work space is productive, healthy and comfortable.
Call Addict Insulation in St. Charles MO
If you work from home and want to increase your comfort with an update in attic insulation such as blown insulation in the St Louis or St Charles area, book your consultation, contact us or call at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
Insulation Services in Missouri
- Residential Property
- Insulation Upgrade
- Thermal Performance
- Commercial Property
- Increased R-Value
- New Construction
- Energy Efficiency
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog