St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Basement Walls Need To Be Insulated In Missouri
Adding basement wall insulation in St. Louis & St Charles, MO can benefit you in more ways than one. From energy conservation to money savings, here are some reasons why you should insulate your basement walls, even if you don’t use it as much as other spaces.
1. Energy Conservation
While you may have heard that insulating the ceilings and floors of your basement is best, it’s not really the best method for this area of the home. Your basement is more connected to the rest of your home than you assume. A lot of the air that surrounds you will naturally rise to the main floor of the basement, bringing cooler temperatures with it. As you can imagine, in the winter, you don’t want to add to the cool temps of your upper floors when you’re spending a lot of money to heat them.
Protect your living spaces from basement cooling with sufficient insulation.
2. Money Savings
When your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard to warm your living spaces, your energy usage goes down and so too do your energy bills. Thus, your HVAC system will:
- Not need as much maintenance
- Cost less on a monthly and yearly basis
- Last longer thanks to more efficient performance
3. Increased Comfort
When your foundation walls are properly insulated, your comfort level will rise. You don’t have to crank up the heat every half hour or bundle up with five sweatshirts anymore.
4. Code Requirements for Basement Finishing Projects
If you’re thinking about tackling a basement finishing project, keep in mind that among the many code requirements, basement insulation is one of the main ones. It’s important to be up to code when finishing a basement so it can pass inspection.
The next thing you may wonder is: what type of basement insulation is best? While there are many types, such as cellulose and fiberglass, many experts recommend Insulated Foam Boards. When it comes to basements, it’s best to use a non-degrading foam insulation material. This is because most basements are at least partially located underground and are at more risk for water, humidity, and pests.
But some contractors also swear by spray foam or fiberglass. While fiberglass is the more affordable option, it can hold in condensation and develop mold. Spray foam doesn’t retain water and doesn’t promote mold growth, but it is more expensive.
The type of insulation that’s right for your basement can be determined by your insulation contractors in St. Louis MO. It will all start with an on-site consult and then recommendations to ensure you’re getting the most efficient, safe and affordable insulation material possible.
Call Addict Insulation in St. Charles MO
Our basement insulation contractors in St. Charles MO can provide a no-cost consultation on insulating your basement walls when you contact us at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog