St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Insulating Your Out Door Spaces and Detach Garage
From patios and garages to granny flats and guest houses, outdoor living spaces pose many benefits to homeowners. Not only do they give you additional square footage for daily living, they provide occupants with privacy, comfort and convenience. But many homeowners end up skipping the insulation because they may not spend a huge amount of time in there.
However, there is certainly a great value in insulating your outdoor spaces. Uninsulated spaces, especially attached garages, can guzzle energy and result in large heating and cooling bills. Heat from the garage gets into the rest of the house through the shared wall, which increases the temperature in adjoining rooms.
Patios are another area that can benefit from insulation in terms of comfort. And if you’re planning on putting a granny flat in your backyard for your in-laws, it will definitely need to be insulated for full-time living. Partner with a qualified insulation contractor in St. Charles for the most efficient and safe job.
Let’s go over the many advantages of insulation for different types of outdoor living spaces.
Enclosed patios, usually extending from a family room into the back or side yard, expand your living area and give you more places to entertain and relax. Insulation is critical for a seamless and comfortable indoor/outdoor lifestyle in any season.
Insulation will prevent your patio roof from absorbing heat in the summer, which keeps the space cooler, and vice versa in the winter. Insulated roof panels also reduce noise from the outside, which is great if you live on a busy street.
Garage insulation prevents heat transfer through walls, as well as helps reduce condensation accumulation. Condensation can develop from the surrounding air, the operation of appliances, water leaks and wet vehicles. Thus, insulated roofs will seal gaps that could introduce rainwater into the space.
If you will be converting your garage into a full-time work or living space, insulation is a must. Not only will it be more energy efficient, it will be much more comfortable.
Granny Flats and Guest Houses
Granny flats and guest houses need insulation more so than garages and patios because they are full-time living spaces. Because they’re basically small houses, leaving them uninsulated means the occupants will be freezing in winter and sweating in summer.
Particularly if you will be renting out you granny flat or guest house on a vacation sharing site like Airbnb, insulation is not something you can skimp on. You don’t want a bad review!
In this case, you should think about installing a combination of thermal and acoustic insulation inside the walls, which reduces noise infiltration and prevents unwanted heat transfer. The result? A more peaceful and comfortable space. When you add insulated roof panels, you can further control the indoor temperature, especially if there are no trees on the property to provide shade.
As a final note, insulation and similar energy-saving solutions also serve to boost your property value. Did you know that energy-efficient homes often sell for 10 percent higher? Of course, to achieve this, you will need to work with an experienced insulation contractor in St Charles, O’Fallon and Ballwin MO to ensure a thorough job.
Contact Addict Insulation in St. Louis MO
Insulate your outdoor spaces and detached garage and guest house in St Louis and St Charles, Missouri area. To book your home visit and free quote, contact us at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog