Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
Preparing your home for the hot summer months in Missouri
Spring is finally upon us, after a long cold winter. The birds are chirping, the sun is out, and the flowers are blooming. In the spirit of new beginnings, take a look at your home and insulation in particular to see if there’s room for improvement. If this past winter left you colder and more uncomfortable than usual, you may need to replace or add insulation to your attic.
Having adequate, quality insulation significantly reduces the amount of heating or cooling you lose in your home. In fact, you can slash your heating and cooling bills by more than 40 percent with the right insulation.
Spring is the best time of year to take on this project. Here’s why:
You Can Keep Cool Air Inside Where it Belongs
Soon, summer will be here and you’ll find yourself cranking up the AC. If your home is poorly insulated, all that expensive cold air can escape. You should evaluate your attic insulation situation before ever turning your AC on for the season. Otherwise, you risk losing cool air from inside your home to the outdoors. Then, you’ll be paying a lot more for energy bills than you should. That’s why there is no better time to add insulation to your attic.
You Can Choose From More Convenient Time Slots
Many homeowners make the mistake of waiting till it’s hot outside to schedule their attic insulation services. It’s better to be proactive and do this in the spring. You’ll have an easier time trying to find a reputable contractor because they’re not crazy busy yet, plus you can have your choice of time slots that complement your schedule. Wait till summer, and you’ll find yourself waiting in line with everyone else, taking any appointment you can get. This will also give you more time to research the right insulation material for your home.
You Can Replace Insulation in Tandem With Home Remodeling Projects
Spring is usually when home owners tackle much-needed renovations and home improvement projects. It’s best to schedule your attic insulation installation at the same time to avoid two periods of renovations. It’s simply more convenient to undergo an insulation project for your attic when the rest of your home is already under construction.
So, if a renovation project is on your list this spring, do the insulation for your attic at the same time so you can minimize downtime and inconvenience for your family.
The Weather is Nice
In spring, the weather is mild, making it easier on your contractors to complete a quick and efficient attic insulation installation job. While this is mainly an interior project, it always helps when the weather is warm and relatively dry to avoid having workers track dirt or mud into your house.
From minimal weather delays to your pick of convenient appointments, these are all great reasons to replace your attic insulation in St. Louis MO in spring!
Call Addict Insulation in St. Charles MO
Whether you choose spray foam insulation or blown insulation in the St louis, MO area, spring is the best time to add new insulation to your attic. To book your consultation, contact us in St. Charles MO or St. Louis MO at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
Insulation Services in Missouri
- Residential Property
- Insulation Upgrade
- Thermal Performance
- Commercial Property
- Increased R-Value
- New Construction
- Energy Efficiency
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog