St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Energy Saving Tips For St Charles, MO
Now that spring is well underway in St. Charles, it’s natural to start thinking about summer and the beautiful warm temps it will bring. But it can also get unbearably hot, so it’s good to have a plan in mind so you don’t go broke cooling your house. Do you know how energy efficient your home is? Are you looking to cut costs?
Here are some ways you can save on your energy bills and keep your family comfortable at the same time.
Schedule a Home Efficiency Audit
To start off, book a home efficiency audit with an insulation contractor in St. Charles. They will assess your home from top to bottom, inside and out, to pinpoint the locations and causes of all energy inefficiencies. Once they have identified the issues, it’s easier to know where you should most wisely spend your home improvement dollars.
Make Upgrades to Improve Home Efficiency
Because each home is unique, it’s hard to say which improvements will be right for you. But here are some common solutions.
This will close all gaps and cracks in your home’s exterior, along with spaces around vents and plumbing. Those gaps are allowing warm air to get in the home in summer and then heat to get out in winter. When you seal those gaps, your AC is able to work more efficiently while using less energy to cool the home.
In addition, air sealing keeps moisture and humidity out, thereby preventing rot and mold, and increasing your home’s indoor air quality. This, in turn, helps to keep allergic reactions and asthma flare ups at bay.
Insulation forms a barrier between you and those areas of your home that you don’t wish to heat or cool, such as basements and attics. It also protects you from the outdoor elements and weather conditions. When used in conjunction, air sealing and insulation ensure a tight and strong building envelope so you can maintain control over your home’s conditioned air. It also allows you to enjoy more energy savings – a win/win!
In the summer, your attic temps can get really hot and uncomfortable. This is why you need proper attic ventilation to get that hot air out so it doesn’t build up. Many things come together to ensure a comfortable home: strategic placement of insulation, attic fans, and ventilation.
Insulation Company in St. Charles MO
Here at Addict Insulation in St Charles, we can take a walk through of your home and advise you on areas of improvement so you can save money on your energy bills this summer. Get in touch with our insulation contractors in O’Fallon & St. Peters MO today when you contact us at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog