St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Properly Installed Insulation Will Save Money & Energy
Everyone knows the value of insulation in a home. But if you’re like most homeowners and have a limited knowledge of insulation, you may have a lot of questions. Our insulation contractors insulation contractors in St Charles, MO have compiled a variety of questions we hear a lot from homeowners just like you.
Check these out and get in touch if you have further questions of our experts.
Q: How does home insulation work?
A: Insulation is designed to resist the flow of heat, which is a form of energy that seeks out cooler areas in your home. Translation: it flows outward in winter, and then inward in summer. Insulation slows down heat flow, so your HVAC system doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain a comfortable temperature, thereby saving you money. Home insulation is a cost-effective way to conserve energy, save money on heating and cooling bills, and ensure total home comfort.
Q: How much money does insulation save?
A: It’s challenging to say how much money you can save, but in general, you can save a lot of money by making sure you have sufficient amounts of insulation and replacing it as needed. Re-insulating helps you maximize your energy efficiency. Specific savings will depend largely on the size of your home, what type of insulation you have, and where you live.
Q: What is R-value?
A: This is how well insulation can resist heat flow. The “R” stands for resistance to heat flow. The higher this value, the greater power of your insulation.
Q: How much insulation do I need?
A: How much insulation you need for your home will depend on many factors, such as where you live and how old your home is. For example, if your home is older than 10 years, you probably need more insulation.
Q: What is the estimated insulation energy savings?
A: The EPA estimates that homeowners can save 15 percent on heating and cooling costs through the addition of insulation in attics, crawl spaces, and basements, translating to about $200 in savings a year.
Q: Does insulation reduce sound?
A: Yes. Insulation helps to reduce noise from outside and between different rooms and levels inside the home. If outside noises are louder than they really should be, this is a sign you do not have enough insulation.
Insulating Your Home in St Charles & St Louis, MO
Got more questions for our insulation contractors in St Charles and St. Louis? We would be happy to answer them. Just contact us at 636-233-7314 today for an appointment and free quote on upgrading your insulation.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog