St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
You spend a lot of money on cooling and heating your home’s air every year. But if you knew exactly how much of that air is escaping your home at any given moment, you would be shocked. Most people assume their homes lose heat and cold air through the roof but the real culprit is in the walls. Your insulation in St. Charles MO has a lot to do with it. But first, some stats to consider:
- 35% of heat loss occurs through the walls
- 25% occurs through the windows and doors
- 25% occurs through the attic
- 15% occurs through the basement/floors
That’s a lot of loss through your walls alone. Why does this happen? This is because most walls in most homes are insufficiently insulated. Prior to 1980, there were no regulations in place regarding home insulation. Today, there are more regulations in place, but still, even in today’s modern homes, there’s simply not enough insulation to keep the warmed or cooled air inside the house where it belongs.
So, how can you possibly keep your home comfortable if you know where all the air is escaping? Blown insulation is your best bet, as it fills all the nooks and crannies that batting just can’t. It can surround your electrical wiring and plumbing, making a barrier between the inside of your home and the outside weather.
Why Insulate More?
There are many reasons why you should add more insulation to your home.
Studies show that 40 percent of your comfort level in your home relates to the exchange between radiant heat from your body and interior surfaces around you. Insulation lowers the radiant heat exchange, which keeps your home comfortable through every season.
2. Money Savings
When adding premium insulation products by a qualified St. Louis MO insulation contractor, you save money by lowering your heating and cooling bills each month. You need both components to make this work, though: quality products and expert installation.
3. Environmentally Friendly
Some studies show that properly insulating homes on a global level will lower how much carbon dioxide exists in the atmosphere by 293.5 billion pounds over a decade.
4. Home Value Increases
Insulation boosts the value of your home. Plus, it works as a sound, air, and condensation barrier while maintaining your home’s ideal temperature.
Proper insulation is the top way to curb air escape from your home. Another thing you can do is seal cracks and openings to reduce drafts and cold spots, suggests Energy.gov. It’s important to prevent air leakage, which, if left unchecked, can contribute to moisture problems that can affect occupants’ health and the home’s durability.
Contact Addict Insulation
From drill and fill insulation to blown insulation, the insulation experts at Addict Insulation can improve the comfort level of your home, while cutting drastically back on how much heated and cooled air is allowed to escape. Contact us in St. Charles MO or St. Louis MO at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
Popular Insulation in Missouri
- Residential Property
- Insulation Upgrade
- Improve Value Of Home
- Commercial Property
- Increased R-Value
- New Construction
- Energy Efficiency
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog