St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
You may not think about your home’s insulation often, but the truth is, it’s vital to the comfort, energy efficiency, and safety of your home. Your home is placed at risk when it contains inadequate insulation or poorly installed insulation. Here we will discuss the signs of poor insulation, along with the benefits you can experience from proper insulation.
To ensure proper insulation, contact a trusted O’Fallon MO insulation contractor for an evaluation and inspection.
The Escape of Conditioned Air
It costs a lot of money to heat and cool your home. You don’t want to go to all those efforts just for it to escape to the outdoors. When that happens, you can’t get comfortable and you end up cranking the HVAC system. This taxes your system and leads to higher and higher energy bills. The faster you can address this issue, the faster you can start saving money on your utility bills.
Mold is dangerous to breathe in, as it releases hazardous spores that lead to lung damage and other ill health effects. Mold tends to form on condensation gathering on your walls. If you breathe it in for long enough, you can experience adverse reactions such as coughing, sneezing, asthma attacks, watery eyes, and even eczema.
Frozen or Burst Pipes
During the winter, it’s wise to keep the heat at a certain level to prevent pipes from freezing. That can get expensive, though. But with proper insulation, you don’t have to crank the heat as high to protect your pipes. Also, without proper insulation, condensation can form on the metalwork in your home and result in rusting.
Poor Overall Home Health
If you have to deal with any of the above things on a regular basis, this doesn’t make for a very pleasant home life. Plus, all those costs add up over time and drain your wallet. Additionally, increasing how much energy you use for heating and cooling increases your carbon footprint.
Poor insulation allows for the infiltration of cold air through your home, and can exacerbate asthma and other conditions during winter. Moreover, exposure to cold will decrease new cell production while weakening the immune system, especially in the elderly.
Exposure to cold also boosts the risk of circulatory disease due to the fact that it causes your blood vessels to constrict. Lastly, exposure to cold can impact mental health and productivity.
Benefits of a Well-Insulated Home
Here are some of the top benefits of having adequate insulation in your home.
- Fewer pests can get into your home, such as insects and rodents
- Air conditioning and heat can’t escape easily
- Mold will not form
- Condensation will not form on metalwork and encourage corrosion
- Home maintenance costs will be lower
- Energy bills will be lower
In the end, proper home insulation is vital to the safety and energy efficiency of your home, as well as your family’s health.
Contact Addict Insulation
Need a professional opinion as to the adequacy of your current insulation? Our St. Louis insulation contractors would be happy to perform an inspection and recommend a solution. To book your appointment, contact us at 636-233-7314 today.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog