St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Whether you’re retrofitting your existing home or building a new one, you may wonder: which time of year is best for insulating or re-insulating your house? Basically, there’s no bad time to insulate your home, as you will benefit immediately from the energy efficiency and comfort. But there are certain times of year that could be better than others.
First, it’s best to consult with your St. Charles insulation contractor. But in the meantime, here is a guide to help you determine the best time to insulate your home in St. Louis.
Where You Live
A big part of knowing when to insulate your home depends on your climate and where you live. If you live in a region that experiences all four seasons, the best time to insulate your home is in the warmer months before the cold temperatures of fall and winter hit. This will ensure you are comfortable throughout the cold days of winter.
If you live in a warm, desert or tropical region, such as Texas or Florida, the best time to insulate is in winter when the weather is cooler and you probably won’t be using your AC. This will ensure you are more comfortable in the high heat of summer.
If you live in the Midwest or New England, spring or fall is the best time to insulate your home – before turning on the AC for the summer or the heat for the winter. Cold winters and hot summers can significantly increase energy costs, so if you install in the moderate months, you can save cash and reduce your reliance on energy.
Reducing Energy Costs
Overall, the best time to insulate is before you need it. If you wait till you need it the most, your home will lose its energy efficiency, causing conditioned air to escape through gaps in under-insulated areas. Your energy bills will increase and your wallet will take a hit, not to mention your comfort.
Installing insulation isn’t easy. You have to climb up in the attic – which is usually either super hot or super cold depending on the season, and then spend hours up there doing the job. Your best bet is to hire a professional, of course, but why not make it easier on them and schedule the job for a mild month? Anything that makes the experience easier on your installers will ensure a quicker, less labor-intensive, and often more affordable job.
By hiring an insulation installer in moderate weather, you may get better rates and a better selection of appointments. That’s because most home owners don’t think about energy efficiency or indoor comfort when the weather is nice. Many insulation companies offer specials and deals on service during these pleasant times of year.
Call Addict Insulation in St. Charles MO
In the end, the best time to insulate is when you’re ready! Consult with our attic insulation contractors in St. Louis MO today when you contact us at 636-233-7314. We can book you a convenient appointment now that spring is here!Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog