St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Improve Comfort While Saving Money
From energy and money savings to increased comfort, there are many reasons why you should seal and insulate your home. The best way to do that is with insulation in St. Charles MO.
Save Energy and Money
Air that leaks through the outer walls, windows, and doors of your home tends to waste an incredible amount of energy while increasing your utility costs. A properly-sealed envelope (this is, the exterior of your home) as well as an ideal amount of insulation, can help you save about 15 percent on heating and cooling costs, according to EnergyStar.gov. You can achieve these savings by air sealing your home and adding insulation to your floors, attics, crawl spaces and basements.
Insulation makes sure your home stays warm in the winter and nice and cool in the summer. Insulation, when installed properly, delivers comfort during the coldest and hottest times of the year. You can get more comfortable by sealing up those leaks and adding insulation but these actions can also offer these benefits:
- Noise reduction from the outside
- Fewer dust and insects in your home
- Less pollen
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Increased humidity control
- Reduced risk of ice dams
About nine out of 10 houses in this country don’t have enough insulation. Sealing air leaks and adding insulation are the top two most cost-effective ways to boost your comfort level and energy efficiency.
Signs You Need Air Sealing and Insulation
Excessive air leakage in your home makes the rooms feel uncomfortable, all while increasing your utility bills. Here are some common signs that your home needs to be insulated and sealed.
By making sure you insulate or air seal these areas, you can prevent chilly drafts and increase your comfort in all rooms. Spray foam insulation is a good choice because it fills cracks and crevices easily.
Up to 30 percent of the warm air traveling through your air ducts is lost due to air leaks and improper insulation. If you feel extreme temperature variations by room, you could benefit from air sealing and insulation. This will help to better control the temperatures within your home.
Higher Energy Bills
Did you know that 48 percent of homeowners’ utility bills is spent on heating and cooling costs? If your energy bills have been higher than usual, your home probably isn’t properly sealed and insulated. This causes your HVAC system to work overtime, resulting in higher bills.
Dust, Mold or Mildew
These substances can adversely affect your family’s health. If you suspect you have mold or mildew, seal and insulate your house to increase your indoor air quality.
Water Leaks in the Attic
Poor insulation allows heat to escape, but it also allows water to infiltrate. If you have leaks in your attic, you will need to replace your insulation ASAP.
Call Addict Insulation in St. Charles MO
Need help with your uncomfortable and drafty home? Experienced insulation specialist in St Louis and St Charles, Missouri is a call away. Contact our attic insulation contractors in Lake of the Ozarks MO today at 636-233-7314!Energy Saving Blog
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog