St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
SAVE MONEY - STOP AIR Leaks
You know you spend a lot of cash on cooling and heating your home’s air each year, but you may not realize just how much of that air is escaping as we speak. You may assume your home loses heat and cold air through the roof, which is true, but most of the time, it’s lost in the walls.
Your asphalt insulation in St. Charles MO could be to blame, especially when you consider:
- 35% of heat loss occurs through the walls
- 25% occurs through the attic
- 25% occurs through the doors and windows
- 15% occurs through the floors/basement
Why is so much air being lost through your walls? Well, most walls in homes are not properly or sufficiently insulated. Before 1980, no regulations were in place to govern home insulation. While we now have many more strict regulations in place, it’s still a fact that most homes are still not properly insulated against leaks of warm or cooled air.
What’s your best bet when it comes to keeping your home comfortable and preventing air leaks? Try blown insulation. This is designed to fill all the nooks and crannies that batting cannot accommodate. Blown insulation surrounds electrical wiring and plumbing, forming a barrier between the elements and the inside of your home.
Reasons to Add Insulation
Check out the many reasons why it makes sense to add more insulation to your home.
1 Money Savings
You can save money by lowering your heating and cooling bills monthly when you add premium insulation products by a skilled St. Louis MO insulation contractor. To make this work, you need both sides of the equation: quality products and expert installation.
Insulation lowers the radiant heat exchange, which keeps your home comfortable through every season. Studies have revealed that 40 percent of your home comfort level relates to the exchange between radiant heat from your body and surfaces around you.
3 Environmentally Friendliness
Some studies show that properly-insulating homes globally level will lower how much carbon dioxide is in the atmosphere by more than 293 billion pounds over the next decade.
4 Increased Home Value
Insulation increases the value of your home, working as a sound, air, and condensation barrier while ensuring the home’s ideal temperature.
Proper insulation is your best bet when it comes to curbing air escape from your home. You can also seal cracks and openings to lower the chances of drafts and cold spots, suggests Energy.gov. Always do what you can to prevent air leakage, which could lead to moisture issues affecting occupants’ health and the home’s durability.
St Louis Insulation Comany in St Charles, MO
From blown insulation to asspray foam insulationphalt, the insulation experts at Addict Insulation can boost the comfort level of your home, while reducing how much heated and cooled air is allowed to escape. Contact us in St. Charles MO or St. Louis MO at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog