Popular Reason You Should Remove Insulation In Missouri
Contaminated and Damages Insulation Are The Main Reasons For Replacing Insulation
From fire damage to water and smoke damage, there are many reasons why you may have to call a professional for estimated that 30 percent Water damage from leaky roofs…damage from pests such as squirrels and mice…smoke damage after a fire…mold contamination…all of these events may require that you remove insulation prior to adding more.
It’s not always necessary to removal insulation every time you want to add more, but in many cases, it is. Here are the times when you should hire an insulation contractor in St. Charles MO for insulation removal.
If you recently were invaded by pests, insulation removal is a good idea in the interest of occupant safety. That’s because critters like birds, raccoons, bats, rats and mice leave behind feces and urine that are virtually impossible to remove from your contaminated insulation because they saturate the material.
Water Damage Insulation
If you’ve recently experienced a roof leak or had a fire that resulted in firefighters dousing the home in water, this is another reason to remove your old insulation. Water breeds mold, which you can’t separate from the insulation material. Mold must be completely removed and remediated so that it doesn’t come back. Leaving wet, soggy, mold-infested insulation in your attic or walls will only result in more mold and an increased health risk to your family.
Smoke Damage Insulation
If you have had a fire recently, that smoky smell will cling to all fibrous materials in the house, of which insulation is one of them. It can take years for that smell of soot to dissipate.
If you’re renovating your home, this is always a good time to replace the insulation in that area while you’re at it. Also, if you’re opting for a new kind of insulation, such as spray foam instead of batting, you may wonder if your old cellulose or fiberglass material should be removed first. The answer is yes. That’s because your old insulation could cause more issues for you, decreasing the spray foam’s ability to efficiently insulate your home.
Attics in older homes commonly have far too many layers of dirty, dusty, contaminated insulation, which leads to circulation and moisture problems and thus to mold.
Because heat rises from the rest of the house into the attic, that hot air will escape through the roof if you don’t have some kind of barrier. Old insulation hinders airflow through your whole house and attic. When airflow is hindered, a big temperature difference arises between your attic and the rest of the house, resulting in condensation. Old insulation is typically made of cellulose or fiberglass, which are fibrous materials that hold moisture longer. That condensation will also make its way into the drywall of your ceiling and your attic’s trusses, inviting the growth of mold. Your vents will draw that contaminated air and circulate it throughout the house.
Call Addict Insulation in St. Charles MO
To book your consultation for Insulation Removal, removing old, contaminated insulation and adding new insulation, in the St Louis or St Charles area, book your consultation, contact us or call at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
Insulation Services in Missouri
- Residential Property
- Insulation Upgrade
- Thermal Performance
- Commercial Property
- Increased R-Value
- New Construction
- Energy Efficiency
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog