St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Soundproofing Your Home Office In Missouri
With unprecedented numbers of people working from home these days, it’s more important than ever to have comfortable, safe, soundproof spaces to conduct business. You understandably want a space where you can make phone calls, participate in virtual meetings and use your computer without disturbance. To ensure you get the comfort and privacy you need, your home office should be soundproof so you don’t get distracted by outside noises from the family, pets, etc., or from road traffic.
Keeping noise out of the workspace can be possible with some changes to the space, not the least of which is to add insulation in St. Charles MO. Here are some tips.
1. Seal Holes in the Walls
Walls can be great at blocking sound, but if there are holes in the wall, this benefit is null and void. Check the walls and ceilings of your office for holes and seal them with fiberglass batt insulation, which is a sound-absorbing material.
2. Install a Solid Core Door
Solid core doors keep out sound far better than their hollow core counterparts. You may also want to add vinyl weatherstripping, as well as a bottom sweep and threshold seal.
3. Caulk Spaces in the Drywall
Check for cracks and crevices on your drywall, particularly around obstructions like electrical boxes and ductwork. Caulk those openings to keep noise out.
4. Add Acoustic Board
Glue a layer of acoustic board, followed by another layer of drywall, over your interior walls for added protection from outside noise. You could also try acoustic panels and tiles.
5. Soundproof the Ceiling
If the source of the noise comes from above, nail 1x2-inch furring strips over 3/4-inch rigid insulation on the ceiling. You’ll have to tape, sand, and paint the ceiling afterwards, so it’s not a minor project but it can help a lot.
6. Soundproof the Floor
Are the noises coming from below? Just place an acoustic board on the floor, covering it with carpet for better sound absorption.
7. Soundproof the Windows
Install soundproof curtains or consider installing double-pane windows that will help to keep out noise along the street.
8. Add Insulation
The best way to soundproof your home office is to add extra cellulose, fiberglass or foam insulation in your floors, ceilings and walls. This will help reduce outside noise, as well as noise from room to room or between different floors of your home.
Call Addict Insulation in St. Charles MO
If you are planning construction of a new home office or want to further insulate an existing one, call our insulation contractors in St. Louis MO right away. We will set up your no-cost consultation when you contact us at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog