St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Insulation Keeps The Heat Out!
You already know insulation keeps your home warm in the winter, but did you realize it also keeps you cool in summer? When you have adequate insulation in your home, you don’t have to use your HVAC system or fans as often or as high. Let’s take a look at how nsulation in St. Louis keeps you more comfortable in summer.
The Role of Home Insulation
Insulation in your home works similarly to a Thermos. In summer, your attic insulation reduces heat gain through your ceiling to all the living spaces below. In winter, it slows heat loss from those interior spaces.
Insulation’s job is to keep heat out in the summer and retain heat in winter, helping to lower energy bills and keep you more comfortable year round.
Why Your House Gets Hot in Summer
Your home gets so hot in summer due to the large amount of air that is being lost to the outside. You aren’t even aware it’s happening, as it’s a silent, continual process.
As your home loses that cool air, the same amount of hot and humid air gets into your home, replacing the lost cool air. This invisible process is known as air exchange and it’s the top contributing factor for a hot and sticky home. If your home is like most, it doesn’t have enough insulation to slow down the outside heat from getting into your home via the ceilings, floors and walls.
As a result, the high rate of heat gain results in those surfaces heating up to create uncomfortable interior conditions.
That’s why you need more insulation in:
- Places where you have no insulation.
- Rooms with poorly-installed insulation.
- Areas with thinly-installed insulation.
- Exterior floors or walls over unheated spaces.
Types of Insulation
There are many types of insulation you can use to achieve those goals.Crawl Space Insulation
Rigid foam insulation is designed for crawl spaces in order to prevent the absorption of mold or moisture.Roof Insulation
This is a good option when your attic is cluttered with too many items or contains HVAC equipment.Ceiling Insulation
Ceiling insulation can make your home more resistant to warm weather in summer, and can be installed in living rooms, basements, bedrooms, and kitchens.Wall and Floor Insulation
This is a good way to maintain comfortable temperatures all throughout your home.Attic Insulation
Because heat passes easily and quickly through poorly-insulated attics, this can lead to a big increase in energy bills. You may have to have air leaks in your attic sealed by a professional before adding new insulation.Duct Insulation
This improves your comfort and energy performance.
St Louis & St Charles Insulation Company
If you suspect you have inadequate insulation in your home and need more, contact us at 636-233-7314. Our St. Louis insulation contractors would be happy to give you a free quote and inspection.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog