St Louis - St Charles Insulation Company.
Why Insulate My Crawl Space?
We understand you may have many questions when it comes to crawl space insulation, which is why our insulation contractors in St Charles MO have compiled this list of FAQs to boost your knowledge of the topic.
You already know that by replacing your attic insulation, you can increase your whole-home energy efficiency and comfort. But if you’re going to undertake a project like that, you might as well insulate your crawl space too. All too often, home owners overlook their crawl spaces, which can pose negative impacts to your home in many ways. Neglected crawl spaces can attract:
- Allergens that infiltrate the home, circulating through the air ducts.
- Rodents and other pests
- Mold and mildew growth, compromising indoor air quality
Let’s go over some FAQs we’ve heard over the years.
FAQs: Crawl Space Insulation
What’s the most effective crawl space insulation?
The most effective insulation is rigid foam insulation boards, as they can be installed along the walls of your foundation instead of between floor joists. To further strengthen your insulation, blown-in cellulose insulation can be installed through the fastening of boards along the joists to better hold in the insulation.
What kind of insulation should be used in my crawl space?
You have two main options here: rigid foam boards or blow-in cellulose insulation with boards applied to floor joists.
Can cellulose insulation be installed in a crawl space?
Yes it can. High-quality cellulose insulation will fill the hard-to-reach cavities between the floor joists with three to six inches of blown-in insulation, depending on the thickness of your joists. Plywood boards can be placed at the bottom of all cavities before blowing in the cellulose insulation and sealing it with a vapor barrier.
Is it worth it to insulate a crawl space?
Yes, and here’s why. Crawl space insulation:
- Reduces heating and cooling loss, reducing the flow of air into and out of the home. Did you know that 50 percent of the air in your crawl space leaks into your house?
- Regulates floor temperature, which makes it more pleasant to walk barefoot.
- Reduces condensation, which produces excess moisture. This moisture can breed mold and mildew, and encourage pests. It can also rot your home’s wooden structures, which can pose a costly problem.
- Improves air quality, through the formation of a barrier between the floor and crawl space.
- Lowers energy bills, saving you money over time.
We hope you found these FAQS to be helpful as you consider crawlspace insulation in St. Louis.
Insulation in St. Louis & St Charles MO
Got more questions for our St. Charles MO crawl space insulation contractors? We would be happy to answer them when you contact us at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog