St Louis - St Charles DIY Insulations?
5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't DIY Insulation Installation
Insulation, as you know, is an integral part of your home. It determines how comfortable you are throughout all seasons as well as how high or low your energy bills will be. Without sufficient insulation, you're throwing money right out the window. Keeping your home heating and cooling bills in St. Louis MO low starts with the proper insulation.
You may be tempted to add your own insulation when you're depleted, or tackle an entirely new installation job. Heck, you may even consider yourself quite handy around the house, able to fix toilet leaks and loose boards with ease. But if ever there was a time to leave a home improvement job up to the professionals, this is it.
We know, who doesn't want to get their hands on big rolls of fluffy pink insulation at the hardware store? You may even think: how hard can it be? Well, it's not as easy as you think. Installing insulation takes specialized knowledge and equipment by professionals who have many years of experience and training.
You should never attempt DIY insulation in St. Charles MO, and here's why.
1. You really don't know anything about insulation!
Think about it: adding insulation to your attic isn't like installing new flooring or decorating your home, like some Instagram-worthy job you see online. Insulation is messy, dangerous and time consuming. You have to suit up like you're going into a chemical zone, the fibers are dangerous to breathe in, it gets everywhere, and you're a mess afterwards. Oh, and you could take a wrong step and go through your attic floor. It's anything but glamorous.
And perhaps most importantly, do you even know how to do it properly? And don't think just because you watched a YouTube video about it that you're an expert.
Because you don't know anything about the various kinds of insulation or how to correctly install it, your first phone call should be to a professional.
2. You don't have the right tools
Insulating a home properly requires tools and equipment that most DIY-ers don't have. So you'll either shell out way too much money on tools you may only use once or you'll dig out your existing tools from the shed and try to get away with those. Neither one is a good idea.
3. You don't know the tricks of the trade
Professional installers know certain tricks and tips that you don't. For example, they know allowing for proper air circulation is important in protecting homes, as is installing ventilation devices such as baffles that bring in sufficient airflow. They are trained and experienced in industry trade tricks to ensure your home is efficiently and carefully insulated.
4. You're not a licensed home inspector
Before insulation can be installed, your home must be inspected for signs of mold, mildew and pest infestation. You should also take care of any structural repairs and upgrades before adding insulation. If you are not a licensed home inspector or engineer, you can't do this for certain.
5. Your choices in materials are limited
There's a limit to what you can buy at the local hardware store. You can't readily get access to professional grade sprayers and the top materials trusted by professionals over many years of experience. Professionals get discounts from the best manufacturers in the business, they can buy in bulk, and they know the industry secrets when it comes to getting the best product.
What can you do if your home is under-insulated?
We will, add inected through the exterior of your home, with no fuss and no mess. You'll notice improved comfort indoors right away and lower energy bills!
Forget DIY: Call Addict Insulation Instead!
Are you ready to stay cool this summer? Fighting off the summer insulation to beat the heat.
From fiberglass batting insulation to blown insulation, it's always best to leave insulation installation to the pros at Addict Insulation. Curious to know about our process? Contact us in St. Charles MO or St. Louis MO at 636-233-7314.Energy Saving Blog
Popular Insulation Services in Missouri
- Residential Property
- Insulation Upgrade
- Thermal Performance
- Commercial Property
- Increased R-Value
- New Construction
- Energy Efficiency
- FAQs About Insulation in Missouri
- What Areas Should You Insulate Before Winter?
- The Greatest Risks to Your Home Caused by Poor Insulation
- Why Your Utility Bills Are So High and What You Can Do About It
- Can You Put New Insulation Over Old?
- Here Are 3 Ways Your Attic Could be Contaminated
- How Home Insulation Works in the Summer
- Tips and Tricks For Summer Insulation
- How to Fix Indoor Condensation
- Choosing the Right Spray Foam Contractor
- Why You Need Power Washing This Spring
- Don't Let Air Escape Your Home
- Tips For Saving on Your Energy Bills This Summer
- Should I Install a Radiant Barrier in My Home?
- Are You Wondering if Your Attic Has Enough Insulation?
- Do I Have to Replace Wet Insulation?
- Insulating Your Sunroom
- Should You Insulate Your Outdoor Spaces?
- All About Removing Insulation
- What to Know About Insulating a Crawl Space
- How to Spot Mold in Your Wall Insulation
- How to Prevent Moisture in Your Warehouse With Spray Foam Insulation
- What Factors Cause Heat Gain?
- The Problems That Come With Improper Insulation
- Insulation FAQs
- Why Should You Check the Insulation When Buying a Home?
- Why Seal and Insulate Your Home?
- Home Insulation: Safety and Health
- Should You Remove Old Insulation During Replacement?
- Can I Stay Inside My Home During Spray Foam Insulation Installation?
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- Pros and Cons of Converting an Attic
- When’s the Best Time to Insulate Your House?
- The Difference Between Blown Insulation and Spray Foam Insulation
- Is Your Garage Loft Too Hot or Too Cold? Heed These Tips
- 6 Health Benefits of Having a Quiet Home
- Insulation Prep is Critical For Installation
- The Dangers of Removing Insulation on Your Own
- What’s the Most Eco-Friendly Insulation?
- 7 Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
- What is the Proper Insulation For Vaulted Ceilings?
- Signs Your Crawlspace Insulation Should be Replaced
- Why You Should Insulate Your Basement Walls
- Most Effective Ways to Soundproof Your Home Office
- How to Insulate an Old House
- 4 Tips to Make Your Attic More Energy Efficient
- Attic Insulation Problems: 5 Things to Look Out For
- What Causes Condensation on Interior Walls?
- How Deep Should Your Insulation Be?
- What to Consider When Choosing an Insulation Company
- Can You Add New Insulation Layers Over Old Ones?
- When Should You Remove Insulation?
- 7 Tips For an Energy Efficient Summer
- Creating a Healthy, Comfortable and Productive Workspace When Working From Home
- Why is Roof Ventilation Just as Important as Insulation?
- Why Spring is a Good Time to Insulate Your Attic
- 5 Signs of Damaged or Insufficient Insulation
- Is the Insulation in Your Walls Making You Sick?
- Under-Insulated Areas You May Be Overlooking
- The History Of Insulation.
- Pros and Cons of Attic Insulation
- Do You Need Insulation When Finishing a Basement?
- What is Drill and Fill Insulation?
- Which Insulation is Best for Garage Walls?
- How Air is Escaping Your Home and How to Prevent It
- 10 Things You Must Absolutely Insulate Before Winter
- 5 Reasons To Not DIY Insulation
- 5 Signs of an Under-Insulated Home
- 5 Benefits of Blown Insulation
- Cellulose vs. Fiberglass Insulation
- When is Insulation Removal Necessary?
- Tips to Keep Your Home Cool This Summer
- What is the Best Insulation for a Flat Roof?
- 5 Benefits of Power Washing
- Q & A About Insulation
- Energy Saving Blog